Family Class Sponsorships

FamilyUnder Canada’s existing laws for Family Sponsorship, a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident can sponsor a spouse, child or parent to become a permanent resident in Canada. Parental Sponsorships, which have been suspended since November 2011, will be reopened in January 2014 under new conditions.

Spousal Sponsorships can be submitted at any time if the sponsoring spouse is a Canadian citizen. If the sponsoring spouse is a permanent residence, then he or she must be physically present in Canada in order to submit an application.

Effective October 2012, sponsored spouses or partners must now live together in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day they receive permanent status in Canada.

Applications for spouses can be submitted as either overseas or in-Canada, depending on the location of the spouse being sponsored and other significant factors. There are numerous documents which should be submitted with an application in order to prove the genuineness of the relationship to the satisfaction of an officer.

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work! Please upgrade today!